Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Coming in from the Black

My poor, neglected blog. How I feel for you due to my continued delinquency. How can I ever make it up to you? I would promise to post more. Alas, it would be but a lie. I know, I will make a post. Yes, a post it is!

December is a special time of year. Especially for gamers. The local stores hold events to help those less fortunate. I know the local Hobby Town tends to do a tournament where the entry fee is a new toy with those going to Toys for Tots. Another store, Crazy Squirrel, hold events throughout the month to raise money and food for the Feed Fresno food banks. They do this through a combination of entry fees for events, raffles, and using canned goods to cheat in games. They managed to obtain more than two tons of food last year by doing this.

There are some raffles for this year as well. In fact, I have a couple of them sitting here to be delivered to the store this very night. My roommate has made another TARDIS dice bag as well as a Jayne hat that she will be putting the finishing touches on in the store. The store owner payed for the materials out of her own pocket. The store is also putting up a copy of the new Firefly board game on the auction block. This includes the limited fifth player piece. I've been painting them up and will deliver them tonight. Here are some pictures in case anybody in the Fresno area is interested in throwing in on any of these raffles. Even if you are not interested in the raffles themselves, maybe you can swing by some time this month to get in some cheats and help a great cause.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment