Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Where's the Kibitz?

It has been a while since this blog has seen an update. If I had any readers I would hazard a guess they might be curious what has been causing my apparent inability to blog. In short – nothing.

I have already posted the last thing I have painted up on the blog. I have not picked up a paint brush since then. Sometimes I can paint, and sometimes I can not. The past couple of months has been one of those times when I have been unable to paint. I tried a few times, but I simply did not have the control in my hands that I require to paint miniatures. This does mean that all those models in my shame posts have been left virtually untouched along with Abuela Ortega and my Kanban board is frozen at the moment. This does not shame me like it did before. It's only shameful when I am capable of painting and I do not.

Obligatory gaming related picture to break up the text.

The last post also saw the start on discussion concerning an in store Fate RPG. This fell through. The reason I was going to run the game was because there were not enough GMs for all the players that want to play in store on Wednesday nights. This situation has changed since the question was first put to me however. After going in a few Wednesdays I realized there are now enough games to where they could comfortably spread six new players between the existing games while me pulling even three players from the other games would leave the existing games on the thin side.

I do not know where this leaves the blog. It really does not have an identity of its own outside of a place for me to put my thoughts. I keep considering posting some more serious topics, but I am uncertain if that is a direction I want to take the blog in or not. Right now my roommate is out of town with my camera so even if I do manage to paint something before she returns I will not be posting any pictures for now.

There is a new Warhammer Fantasy League firing up, but I do not think I will enter as it is a lot of models to lug around at the end. It takes me more than half an hour to pull 2500 points of Greenskins out of cases and set out on trays. Maybe if I actually get around to magnetizing all the bases. I kind of fell out of the Iron Kingdoms Escalation League. I had three months in a row where I failed to arrange to play a game with the people I was matched up for challenges, and the times I showed up for days I should have been able to get a pick up or checkmark game I would be the only Warmachine or Hordes player there. I am less worried about that with Warhammer Fantasy as I know I am practically guaranteed at least one Sunday a month to get a game or two in, but I am trying to decide if I want the hassle of transporting that many models or not.

So that is pretty much it. Like I said, nothing is going on, so there has been nothing to write about. I could always pick a topic and write away, but I am not certain I should. I would not expect another blog post for at least a couple more weeks and probably longer. Posting about paint jobs is sort of silly without images to illustrate what I am talking about. Pretty much the only other things I have been up to are daily routine stuff and playing World of Warcraft, Diablo III, Marvel Heroes, and Civilization V.

No comments:

Post a Comment