Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Introduction to Iron Painter 2016

Wyrd is hosting their Iron Painter competition again this year. Here is a link for anyone interested injoining in or following along this year. The application deadline is March 4th. The creativity behind the pieces is amazing, but it is the ability of the participants to make it through all of the rounds that is truly inspiring.

I have considered participating a couple of times in the past, but never have. In fact, I have only entered two painting contests in my life. Both of those have been small affairs hosted by a local game shop. I'm not sure many people even knew one of them was going on as it was not publicized much and there were only a handful of us to turn anything in.

I want to join the Iron Painter this year. This is a chance to see what I can do when going head to head with people that identify as miniature painters. I feel like maybe I do not push myself enough when it comes to miniature painting. My goal in joining is to enter something all five rounds even if I am knocked out before the end, and to get some feedback for where to take my miniature painting in the future.

I am wrapping up a project I have been puttering around with for almost a year now. I keep setting mental barriers for myself, but it should be done this week. I will show it to the friend it is for so I can do touch ups or rework sections if needed. If there is not much to modify then I will be joining this year's Iron Painter. If it turns out there is a lot of work left to do then I will not join the Iron Painter so I can focus on the current project, but I am thinking I will paint along if that is the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment