Pages

Monday, October 26, 2015

Whisps of Smoke

I was planning on posting Part 2 of the Zappcon 2015 breakdown today. I simply wanted to state that I will wait at least one more day before posting the follow up to my last post in case anyone was waiting for it. Upon waking, I discovered a friend had died. This post contains adult language.

I don't want to go into details, and will not be linking this entry to social media sites outside of my blog. The family has enough to cope with. My contacting them at this time will not be of any help. Almost everybody I know that also knew this friend was closer to him than I was or at least level with myself. I have a general rule that shit in these circumstances should flow out from the point of impact and not inward as the people closest to the epicenter are the ones that need the most support.

Part of me wants to remind people to embrace those you care about and not waste time as life is precious. At this very moment a bigger part of me wants to warn against this. Life might be a little more grae without good people in your heart, but it hurts a lot less when people you don't care about die. I feel for those closer to my friend than I was myself, and his circle of impact is fucking huge.

I don't really have a conclusion. I wanted to rant a bit without getting into the details as I do not feel like it is my place to share, but I needed an outlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment