Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

I Choose You Rescue!



I have a love/hate relationship with a Facebook game. No, the game is not Farmville. It is  Marvel Avenger’s Alliance. Marvel Avenger's Alliance (MAA) is essentially a pokemon style game where you collect characters from the Marvel Universe. The focus is on the 616 and movie universes so far, but the game introduced Incursions recently so there are story reasons for doing alternate reality versions of the characters.

The player creates a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent whose job it is to wade into the thick of things alongside the heroes and provide support. At first this means giving access to med kits and such. Later on your Agent becomes one of the most potent people in the battle.

My S.H.I.E.L.D. agent is level 125 as of the writing of this post. That’s not very high all things considered. Max level is 300. I stunted my experience growth for a time while building up my heroes and other resources.

The reason for this primer is I wish to catalogue my progress. I thought I might as well share the experience while I am at it. I am also considering starting a second account. I started my first account during the time of the first Spec Ops. I have resources that a new player would not. I am curious as to how overwhelming coming into the game would be for a new player with some guidance now compared to when I started without any. I’m far from being an expert on the game, but there are some great resources on the wiki which is where all of my knowledge outside of personal experience comes from. I know more than the vast majority of new players are likely to learn on their own just playing the game for a month and I think I will struggle. I enjoy a struggle which is part of why I like this idea.

I haven’t made a decision on when I am going to start the second account. Right now I do not feel a whole lot of pressure on my resources of the first account. I may work on building up my first account to be just a bit more secured in case running a second causes me to slack off too much.

For this reason, future Marvel Avenger’s Alliance posts will be tagged either ‘Avengers Alliance’, ‘MAA Alpha’, or ‘MAA Prime’. MAA Alpha will be for posts relating to my current account. MAA Prime will be for the new account should I start it. Avengers Alliance will be for posts that do not contain anything specific to either character. This way I can track the progress of each account separately and better be able to analyze the meta for each of those two level ranges in PVP.

No comments:

Post a Comment