Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Welcome to the Kibitz Knook



Salutations. I am the host of the Kibitz Knook, Nym Squee Pimpley. The Kibitz Knook is a personal blog with a focus on a variety of gaming topics. In time it should host posts ranging from table top wargaming to pen and paper role playing games to video games. Along the way I will spew out theories I have on gaming along with posts about related topics such as miniature painting and what exactly is the best tool for removing a spear after your cat leaves a model laying next to your bed in the middle of the night.

There may be personal information about myself from time to time as this is a personal blog. This post is one such example as I felt it was prudent to introduce myself along with the blog. I will endeavor to keep any in depth personal information to their own posts so they are easy to skip over should I ever feel the need to post such.

Speaking of myself, I am a wheelchair bound individual. I currently reside in Central California with my three cats and roommate/caregiver. Sometimes her daughter and grandkids along with their cat lives with us. My health waxes and wanes, but even with that I haven’t been able to sit up on my own for about five years. It’s been a slow but gradual degradation that has been taking place since the 1990s. The doctors do not know what exactly is occurring with my body. The most recent theory is Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy (CIDP), but they do not know for certain. I have controlled Type 2 Diabetes and bad cholesterol. Both are nearly to a level of control not worth mentioning, but I’m attempting to be thorough yet brief in case anybody does decide to read this. My health has actually been in a bit of an upswing starting roughly a before writing this. I am able to get to my computer with greater regularity and have been getting out more. Part of the reason for this blog is that I want to write about gaming or flesh out one of the many disjointed game ideas I have while I am able.

My experience with video game consoles includes the Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Gamecube, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, and the first generation Gameboy DS. The one really comfortable chair that can accommodate me is sitting in front of my computer so I have had little desire to spend much time in front of the television. My first pen and paper roleplaying game was the D&D Rules Cyclopedia. I did a lot of bartering building up from my lunches to buy it and then had to smuggle it to and from school. Smuggling is wrong kids.

So far I have played and run many different RPG systems including Dungeons & Dragons, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, Palladium, Gurps, Old & New World of Darkness, Call of Cthulhu, Shadowrun, and Savage Worlds among others. The only CCG I’ve spent any real time with was Magic: the Gathering, but I haven’t played in years. I own a bunch of the Marvel and DC VS system cards, but never played. I have an interest in just about any miniatures game I can get my hands on. Steam says I currently own 123 games through that service while Origin has about twenty and over fifty on Good Old Games and yet there are still CDs and other games I have no clue what I have done with them. I used to cycle through MMOs. City of Heroes, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Star Wars Galaxies, and World of Warcraft are the ones I have played the most, and in that order. The most recent MMO has been Defiance. I just haven’t put in much time with any MMO lately. I’ve also been playing Facebook games lately. One of the ideas I have for a feature is to start a new game for Marvel Avengers Alliance and catalogue what it is like going through with a fresh account since I started mine right before Spec Ops 1.

I think that is more than enough about me for now. Hopefully that will give those of you interested some insight into what you might find here. This should cover all the basics and give me one post to point people at if they ask about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment