Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

I'm a Lurker

One of the friends I have met through online gaming was one of the inspirations for me starting my own blog. She has been receiving solicitations from parties interested in a mutual exchange of advertising. You can read more about it here. She quoted the solicitor a figure she would accept as well as possible topics she felt were appropriate to her blog.

I do not have that kind of money to be spending on advertising for something I do not draw an income from. I also do not have any shame however. I decided to commandeer her suggested topics for my own blog so I do not have to think up more topics myself.

Here is her list of topics I totally did not steal from her and insert my name into.
- Nymie the Pooh's thoughts on Peter Capaldi as the 12th Doctor, and what that means for the series vis-a-vis its return to the "cranky old man" doctor of the 1960s versus the "pretty boy eye candy" of recent years.
- What s/he thinks about the upcoming 5th Edition Dungeons & Dragons, and which edition is its favorite. (Note: Pathfinder is also an acceptable edition.)
- Which would win in a dogfight: a Viper Mk.VII from Battlestar Galactica, or an SA-23E Starfury from Babylon 5.
- Which My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic pony is the best pony, and why.

These are some specific topics that are representative of what is covered by her blog. Two broad categories that are subjects on her blog but not touched by that list includes firearms, and the outdoors/wilderness/survival skills and products.

I realized I hit a gold mine on possible topics I could utilize for my own purposes. A blogging god might be capable of compressing all of these topics into a single blog post. Us mere mortals however need all the help we can get for creating new content. Each of these topics will receive its own blog post from me over the days to come. I will update this post with links to each blog post as I upload them.

Articles in the Lurker series
Prelude: This post
Ha ha! She said Peter!: Thoughts on Capaldi as the Doctor
Fifth edition preconceptions: What it says on the tin
I have no dog in this fight: Coming Soon (tm)
Da Besterest Pony!: Coming Soon (tm)
Dakka Dakka: Coming Soon (tm)
Surviving with Disabilities: Coming Soon (tm)

All unreleased blog posts are working titles subject to change.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Stealing good topics is a time-honored tradition among bloggers. :D

    And honestly, you are welcome to be a guest writer any time you like, because A) you are my friend, not a stranger and B) you aren't trying to get free advertising for your already-profitable business.

    Looking forward to reading your thoughts on those topics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Thanks. The Doctor Who one is a little long so I might actually split it up. I'm finding it tough to compare Doctors without talking a little about each first.

      I'll let you know if I write something that will fit your blog and not mine. Please inform me if you ever need filler and I'll see about hammering something out. I have no schedule or anything here as it's just me typing whatever strikes my fancy. There's nothing to disrupt should you need anything.

      Before I forget, congratulations on being the first reply! You win recognition and friendship!

      Delete