Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Iron Painter Round 3 Ends- Wednesday in Progress for 11 May 2016

Round 3 of Iron Painter is over. I scraped together what I had to submit an image Monday morning. I was still painting half an hour before I had to have the image submitted and spent next to no time going through pictures and making the collage for this round.

My partner for the round,Neveroddoreven, submitted a fantastic piece. He sculpted the entire model aside from the head. I really enjoy the model.

Submission Image

I am not happy with myself. The model is unfinished. Actually, pretty much every project is an unfinished project, but I feel I was not even at the eighty percent mark on this model which is disappointing. I have been working on the model a little since the deadline had expired. So far it has just been some work on the base, face, and skin touch ups. This also feels the least inspired of my Iron Painter entries so far to me.

The base is pretty much done now. I added some shadows from the model after taking the picture shared here, but it is much the same as it appears in the image.

The Base

I have some more work to do on the face. The original plan was to have a stylized atom symbol in a bright pinkish purple to be an attention grabber. Since time and theme are no longer of any concern I decided to try a face. I could always strip it or paint over top of it later. I like where it is going. I need to taper the scalp so it recedes more into the shadows of the face plate. After that I think I will seal it then try for some surface reflections.

First pass at the face.

That is it for now. The rest of the week will likely see me tinkering away on this model or cleaning parts for future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment