Pages

Monday, April 23, 2018

Ihsan's Letters - 5th Day of the third ten day of Winterwane 1572 MP

These letters are for a D&D character. This is the first letter Ihsan wrote after meeting the other player characters


Note: Ihsan still struggles with using a solar calendar. It is easier for me as a player to use the game's solar calendar since that is how time is measured where the game is occurring. Also, the moon went missing while Ihsan was at sea.

* * *

My Little Hellbeast,

I heard a man use this recently with a woman he seemed fond of. These people are strange, but admirable. There are many hard workers to be found in this new land. People that are not afraid to get their hands dirty from a day of working.

I found myself being chased through a rotting forest full of bells while studying the herbs there. I broke through some sort of barrier into a vibrant forest of green. The things I saw there make me question my own sanity. I entered the rotting forest again in an attempt to escape. I managed to evade the bell tollers to find a town.

I received quite the welcome upon bursting through their rope wall that the forest was pressing up against. I did not realize I had atlatls poking snared in my clothes at various angles. I must have seemed most mad attempting to talk with the people of this land with them dangling off of my body.

I found some troll slayers among the residents quite by accident. They are outsiders as well. None of them had the fiery hair ridge I have read about. One was a little shorter than myself, but the other two were much taller. Perhaps the texts had this portion wrong. I hope that is all they got wrong. The three did not boast of past deeds as some of the others I have tried to work with have done. There is a quiet confidence which I find reassuring.

We head out tomorrow to hunt a troll. They have a plan. I am willing to follow their lead. Hopefully this tree will bear some fruit. There is not much time left for many more false trails.

Your Troll Tamer,
Ihsan

No comments:

Post a Comment