Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

What I've Been Painting

I recently got the camera back so took a couple of quick pictures. I need to take the time to learn how to take better pictures some time.

This is fifty four Night Goblins I painted for the local Warhammer Fantasy Battles escalation league. The break down is thirty three Night Goblins with spears, shields, and full command; twenty Night Goblins with short bows, boss, and musician; and a Night Goblin Shaman. It comes to 259 points if equipped at bare minimum.

I bought an Arachnarok Spider since painting the Night Goblins pictured above. I am in the middle of assembly, putty, and base work right now. I have taken a break however as I do not know how I want to paint her yet. In an attempt to push myself into figuring it out I have started painting my Forest Goblin Spider Riders. These as well have stalled out as I don’t know what I want to do with them either. They are magnetized to make transportation easier. I have yet to figure out where I am taking them. So far my plan has been to just throw paint at them and see what sticks. I’m posting pictures of the WIP shots in an attempt to shame myself into finishing them.
The flesh on the one is a simple combination of P3 Carnal Pink, P3 Morrow White, and GW Ogryn Flesh. I think I will continue that part across the rest of the spiders as I think it makes for a nice inhuman pale flesh without looking sickly. I might punch up the resources a little bit more. I'll decide after the rest of the body on each spider is done.

I painted this model up for a local painting competition. It won first in its category. I primed it two days before the entry date. I painted the skin and the base for the cloth and metal the first day working up the blue/green on the bottom with the off-white still on the top with the plan to paint it orange or purple the next day. There was so much of both of those colours worked into the skin and metal upon seeing the model the next day I decided to continue up the gradation started with the bottom.



This model is a good example of why I need to learn to take better pictures. I worked the cloth to pure white in some places and pure black in others and the pictures I am taking seem to average everything out.





No comments:

Post a Comment