Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Prime Time



I started the Prime account today. I decided to create my new agent on the Playdom site instead of Facebook due to curiosity.

The most obvious differences between the two versions are the chat system and team tournaments. There's a scrolling chat to the side of the game window. Every hour you compete as a group against another group to see who can do the most tasks, leveling, research, and similar tasks within the span of an hour. A post is made in the side chat when you share an achievement. Players on your team can click on these links to boost your side's score. The more people that click on the link the higher your team's score becomes. The winning side gets a prize that seems to range from silver to command points and even gold. The leading contributor on the winning side gets a bonus two gold as well.

The other thing that works differently is gifting. I’m still trying to figure out all the particulars, but you can send one gift to each ally per hour and can have up to two hundred allies. There seems to be no limit on how much you can collect. An interesting tidbit is that they still have the Norton antivirus shield item, but it affects the whole team and not just a single ally.

Yet another difference is there doesn't seem to be any links for free items. This is covered by the hourly team tournaments.

Personal Standings
Agent Level: 10
Gold: 25
Command Points: 20
Silver: 19,296
S.H.I.E.L.D. Points: 31
Shadow Lockboxes: 12
PvP Rating: 740
PvP Percentage: 41.89%

Heroes Roster
Black Widow Lvl 5
Hawkeye Lvl 3
Iron Fist Lvl 4
Iron Man Lvl 4

I've pushed up into the early two hour long research ISOs. There's not a whole lot else to report other than PvP is tough without ISOs and an armoury. I put five Mystic Grenades in the armoury, and I still lost more assaults than I won.

I think a new player might be a bit overwhelmed if they stepped into the game right now. I have twelve active tasks right now. My Alpha account has nine by comparison, and two of those are old tasks that never cleared out properly.

Here is my referral link if anybody wants to ally themselves with me.
http://actiongames.playdom.com/games/avengers/play?ref_id=116032001589058&send_timestamp=1378285010&track=invite-link-avengers&referral_code=52f039838d17f5ea162e030d441ccf290b572b3a&referral_user=116032001589058

I can't say a lot after just one day. My initial judgement is that if you only want to get on once, maybe twice each day then Facebook might be the better option. The Playdom version really seems to favour the player that can sit there for an hour and do little tasks over time. If you can check your account every hour and have active allies then you could potentially have endless energy or other gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment