Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

On the Desk 13 Jan 2014



While these are not literally pictures of what is on my desk (trust me, nobody wants that), these are pictures of projects I am in the middle of working on. I keep these nearby to remind me I have yet to finish them.

My primary focus paint wise right now is Deadzone. I have one set of the default terrain removed from sprue and cleaned. I have another set still on the sprue which I need to clip and clean. There are four sprues of the Landing Pad terrain, but I am thinking I will wait for Mantic to ship the remaining four sprues that were missing from my order before I start on those.

One gallon jar of cleaned terrain with other set still on the sprue. Aaand a cat tail. Always a cat tail.

For the actual models I started by writing a 70 point list for both the Enforcers and the Plague. I found some demo rules when I was closing in on finishing the cleaning process that used some models I had not cleaned yet. I realized I had a good sized chunk of the Plague cleaned so decided to clean all of them before I start painting. I also cleaned the two mercenaries that only work for Enforcers or Plague as I would be using a similar colour scheme.

Deadzone models cleaned so far.
Clean up has been slow. In the first place, I am slow when it comes to cleaning models in general. The resin Mantic uses is similar yet a little softer than the resin Privateer Press uses. I found it slightly easier to clean, but not by much. I actually need to go through and do another clean, but I am about to the point where I can not be bothered with it. In hindsight, I probably should have clipped the circle from the bottom of the models as there is a huge gap in the bases. I did this with the Enforcer armed with the missile launcher and am much happier with how he sits on the flipped over base than the other models.

Enforcers left to clean and assemble.
After this step I will likely do a final pass over with the knife, then wash the models. For the bases I think I will use epoxy putty to fill the gaps. Then they will get a collection of rubble from larger rocks and sprue bits followed by some mediumish debris and finer sand after that. I am thinking of going with some simple grays with some stains for weathering.

The plan with the Plague is to prime black, then go in with a warm dark brown everywhere. The fleshy areas will build up from there with reds going into flesh tones while the bone sections will go from the base brown to bone. I do not know exact colours yet as I try to try something new with each project so there is no formula yet. I will work out exact formulas as I go. The clothes will be a combination, but I want to try to make them come across as civilians of various types before their transformation.

Da Swiss Army has abandoned meh!!!

I do not know how I will paint the Enforcers yet. I found a scheme I liked, but it was a slight tweak on what I had in mind for my Convergence of Cyriss for Warmachine. So of course, in the middle of cleaning the Deadzone models I worked on cleaning up my Cyriss models as well.

Shaaammme!!!
Also on my desk in various stages of disarray are some Space Marines and Malifaux models for my Perdita crew. There are also some models in the bath I am in the middle of stripping, including a Mordheim Warlock that has been in his bath for over a year.

Rub-a-dub-dub
That’s enough shaming for one day. I should have all of my Enforcers and Plague ready for paint by next Monday.



No comments:

Post a Comment