Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Code Monkey

I am going to try to keep this short.
There is one model I have been working with on and off for most of a year. This model was unusual in the fact that I was not painting it for myself. I delivered it the day before writing this post. This thing has been sitting here on my desk the whole year in a place I would have to work around it in an attempt to ensure I did not neglect it.

It feels good to have it in a state to give it back even though it was not finished. It does feels weird to not have it here to work around this morning however. I have gotten used to its constant presence.

Today I plan on taking time to rearrange my computer desk. The files I created for the project are being moved off of my desktop. I am about to set up an actual area dedicated to painting and not be required to place my keyboard on the floor or balance an automotive light on top of a stack of card decks on top of my computer tower in order to paint. It feels like one of those moments when a page turns. It's a little scary in that it is something new, and I find myself missing this model, but this is a positive step forward for me.

2 comments: